Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Can I Just Say

How truly, overwhelmingly, astoundingly right I am?

I have been saying for years that the notion of the constancy of the speed of light is a bizarre, quasi-religious shibboleth that, as far as anyone's ever been able to explain to me, was determined to be the case through an exercise in physical logic rather than rigorous empirical observation (which, to be fair, wasn't technologically possible at the time, but sure as fuck is now). And further, that within our puny lifetimes light would be measured at variable speeds and the whole 'c' thing would be shown up for the heathen idol it is.

Oh and how. fucking. right. am. I.

Don't worry, particleist you hardcore-lefty-scientist darling, I don't blame you. I'm sure you suspected something was off the whole time.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com