Tuesday, July 26, 2005

You Go, Girl...Or Should That Be 'Father Girl'?

In the spirit of 'I honestly can't imagine why on earth you'd want to do this but I support your right to do it', let's hear it for nine Roman Catholic women who've been unofficially ordained as priests and deacons aboard a tour boat in Canada (of all spiritually-conducive settings).

They risk excommunication, but at least one of them, a married grandmother, does 'not fear an excommunication because I don't feel excommunicated'. While one has to wonder what church exactly she doesn't feel excommunicated from, again I say more power to them. Anybody striking blows, even peculiar and quixotic blows, against the manifest discrimination and prejudice of the RC Church is ok by me.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com