Friday, July 29, 2005

The Irony Gods Strew Bounty In My Path

I just received, as no doubt did many of you, the following email from the office of Senator Barbara A. Mikulski (D-MD):
Senator Barbara A. Mikulski (D-MD) has joined with Senator Barbara Boxer (D-CA), Senator Patty Murray (D-WA), Senator Mary L. Landrieu (D-LA), Senator Debbie Stabenow (D-MI), Senator Maria Cantwell (D-WA) and Senator Hillary R. Clinton (D-NY) to launch a new interactive website to engage Americans in the Supreme Court confirmation process of Judge John G. Roberts, Jr.

The joint creation of this website is designed to let the American people have a voice and to find out what they care about most. I have attached web banners which can be linked from your blog to: [URL deleted by Ed. in puny act of guerilla resistance] if you are interested in helping us get the word out!

Thanks,

Melissa Schwartz
Press Secretary
Office of Senator Barbara Mikulski
phone 202-228-1122
fax 202-224-3892
Having, I need hardly add, no intention of helping them do anything that doesn't involve a lethal overdose of morphine, I was nonetheless curious as to the specifics of this latest Hamster Wheel for the Masses, so I toddled along to the URL provided. After some 5 minutes of my browser struggling to 'contact democrats.senate.gov', I received an error message as follows:
Safari could not open the page “[that URL]” because the server stopped responding.
Some days you don't even have to try in this job.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com